What is ISO 27001:2005 Information Security Management System (ISMS)?
ISO/IEC 27001 is one of the standards in the ISO 27000 family. It is an internationally recognized information management security standard published by ISO in 2005. It enables organization to bring information security under explicit management control. The basic purpose of this certification is to ensure that organizations have a documented Information Security Management System in place. The certification helps businesses in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing and maintaining their documentation in accordance with their business needs. ISO/IEC 27001 certification is beneficial for all sectors of industry and commerce such as finance, health, public and IT sectors. . Particularly, this certification plays a highly significant role for companies where protection of information is critical.
ISO/IEC 27001 certification process:
- At the first stage, the consultants and auditors from the ISO/IEC 27001 certification body visit the office for an informal review of the ISMS. They check the existence and completeness of key documentation like organization's information security policy, Statement of Applicability and Risk Treatment Plan. This stage familiarizes consultants and auditors with the organization.
- The next stage involves formal compliance audit to check whether the information management security standards are properly designed and implemented in the organization. When ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditors are satisfied, ISMS certification is issued to the company.
- The final stage involves follow-up audits to ensure that the organization remains in compliance with the ISMS standards. Generally, these audits or reviews are conducted annually. However, the audits can also be conducted more frequently.
Benefits of ISO 27001: 2005 Information Certification
- An ISMS certified organization enjoys several benefits. Firstly, it helps organizations in reducing the costs related to security breaches. Secondly, it reduces the Insurance premiums. Thirdly, it is structured and recognized risk based methodology to information security. Fourthly, it enables organization to compliance with legal and contractual specifications. Furthermore, it improves productivity of employees and brings confidence to the clients and partners of the organization.
- There are several certification/ registration bodies that help businesses get the ISO/IEC 27001 certification. ISO-SAUDI is a leading ISO consulting firm in Saudi Arabia and has successfully been providing the clients with effective ISO 27001 training, consulting, implementation and certification services. Our highly talented ISMS consultants strive hard to build more capable organizations by achieving long-lasting results.